Saturday, May 19, 2007

sluggishly happy…

Been very lazy lately… still in the "holiday mode"

Anyway, i think i'm slowly turning into a geriatric.
playing sudoku online for hours, watching Martha Stewart religiously every morning and making a habit of drinking tea every afternoon.

Being the only single in the unit is getting annoying. My eyes are bombard with PDAs every waking hours. I should adopt a cat.

But the main reason why i haven't been productive is because i'm having an identity crisis. I'm still finding that "very DORA" kind of style. Every art piece i produced, i can't help but think that it looks like someone else' style. Not original. And its driving me insane. So thats how they went to trash.

About the lotus, nah. I'm not 1 metre high ya... the lotus in the garden was planted above ground level. Thats why it is taller than me. Btw, i don't know when this habit started but, i like to watch peoples' mouths.
Here's a few observations.




I swear… i'll post more artwork.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I strongly think you already have your own style. Distinct from others. Tapi kalo mo di honed lagi ya bagus juga. And if you wanto be very very critical,keri smith's stuff looks like other artist's too! As much as I admired her, I have seen others' works like hers.


P.s : itu mulut mulut macam abang2 tukang lukis muka di tepi jalan

Dora said...

tsk… mulut abang2????

cal said...

hey dora i face the same problem like u be4.. everytime in the 1st stage.. say like sketches.. i care too much bout looks like others ppl stuff.. so its end up i doing nothin.. i hv seen an artist who have like both murakami and joshua davis style.. but u can see the differnce.. both were his idol.. and i think wat can i said is he were influced by them.. cant said copy.. hope to see move work from u soon! :)

Dora said...

Hey, Call, thanks. Now i get my confidence back =]

Pipin said...

do lu di pku ngapain aja?

Lissa said...

:P dora ... thought you already had your own style. The dora-chan style. LOL.

:D gwe tuker url ...


melchan

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.